When a child turns 1, you have to think of great 1st birthday gift ideas that you can give because this event is not only important for the child but also for his or her parents. It is important to give the right kind of gift for the child. Do not give something that is either too simple or too complicated so that the recipient can fully enjoy your gift. To give you some useful tips, you can review the following paragraphs that include great gift ideas for a one-year-old.
- To encourage the child to read, you can give a book caddy where the child can put all his books. This can be personalized by adding the child’s name in front of the caddy. You can also buy a push along play cart where the child can also put books and other toys. The kid can push this cart anywhere he or she goes because of the small wheels.
- Kids grow very fast and one great gift for a one-year-old is a photo growth chart. This growth chart can be used for monitoring your child’s height increase plus you can insert pictures on the photo slots to make it more personal.
- You can also give an educational gift basket which includes plush alphabet blocks, educational books for babies, shape sorters, teether rattles, and wooden puzzles. These toys will help develop the child’s language and motor skills.
- Instead of giving the traditional rocking horse, why not give a rocking cow or chicken? Kids will surely have fun riding on a cushioned or wooden animal other than a horse. You can pick the child’s favorite animal so that riding on it will be even more fun.
- One of the most traditional 1st birthday gift ideas is an alphabet quilt. You can do this yourself if you know how to make a quilt or you can always buy one from a gift store. To add a special touch to your gift, you can make it more personal by sewing the child’s name on one corner or at the top part of the quilt. This can be a great wall display in the nursery or can be used as a blanket.
- Children at this age still use disposable diapers. You can give a diaper cake which consists of rolled diapers shaped like a cake. You can even do this yourself using several diapers, elastics, and ribbons. You can tie a small card on one of the ribbons, insert several small gifts, or put several small balloons on top of the cake.
- Personalized clothes are also unique gift ideas for a child’s first birthday. You can have the child’s name or photo printed on a shirt, romper, onesies, pants, or dress. You can even buy a complete set of personalized outfit if you have enough cash.
- Finally, a compilation of photos which you can get from the child’s parents is also one of the best 1st birthday gift ideas. You can make a collage or a scrapbook out of these photos. Make it even more personal by adding your own captions for each picture.