This is the perfect time to be sentimental or to give gifts that will make the recipient reminisce, so make sure that you choose interesting 70th birthday gift ideas for those old people in your life like your grandparents, uncles, aunts, or even your parents. Turning 70 is no longer depressing for most people because by this age, they have already accepted the fact that they will get old, unlike when people turn 30 or 40. Below is a list of great gift ideas that you can give to people in your life who are turning 70.
- If you want a really unique present for your 70-year-old loved one, why not buy a small tract of land for as low as $50 in rural Ireland? This plot of land is really small, about a square foot in size, but at least your loved one will have a land in a faraway country. The legal documents will be sent via mail such as the certificate of ownership, the exact address of the property, and a map in case you want to visit the land.
- One of the best 70th birthday gift ideas that you should give is a gift of memories. This can be a cheap gift which you can make yourself by collecting mementos, souvenirs, and other things that can trigger the recipient’s memory about a special milestone or event in his or her life.
- Since most old people can no longer play sports or do strenuous physical activities, you can always give fun board or indoor games such as Bingo or quiz games. These games are perfect if your old loved one often meets with senior friends like in a nursing home or senior’s club.
- Old people usually develop poor eyesight. Instead of giving them books, why not give audio books that they can easily listen to? Choose stories that the recipient will find interesting. Aside from audio books, you can also give talking objects like talking calculator or talking clocks.
- You can also give a personalized family character platter which depicts all the members of your family. You need to coordinate with the artist especially with the usual facial expressions and attire of the characters.
- A pillbox may seem like a practical gift but you can make it more special by engraving the recipient’s name on the box. 70-year-old people usually take in different kinds of medicines and it would be nice to give something elegant like a pillbox where they can put their medicines and pills.
- Jewelry pieces are also great gifts for a 70-year-old woman. You can give the recipient’s birthstone on a gold ring or a locket necklace with her and her husband photos. Things like these are usually expensive but you can choose fancy jewelry if you do not have enough money.
These 70th birthday gift ideas are perfect for different kinds of people with different interests. It is also important to consider your budget when giving gifts or you can save up on your gift several months before the birthday.