When it comes to succeeding in this world, height is might. Being taller means a lot of convenience.
The Perks of Being Tall
From minor things like rising to those hard-to-reach places without the aid of a step ladder to major things like towering over the competition at job interviews, you’ll definitely have an edge with a few more inches of height. This applies to both men and women.
For women, those who are tall no longer have to use painful high-heeled shoes to make an impression. Men don’t have the advantage of these shoes at all and find that they must be contented with their small stature. I will outline several tips here so follow them and might gain an inch or two if you are really dedicated.
Growing Taller with Exercise
Note: Even though the exercises mentioned here are some very basic ones, but you should always be extra careful while doing these to avoid any strain or muscle pull. Have someone with you when you do these. Don’t over do these or you might hurt yourself.
There are a lot of stretching exercises you can do in order to gain height. These exercises vary in positioning. Some of them are performed while lying down while others are performed by standing up and there are more that involve twisting. I will be giving you a few basic ones here:
1. For those who wish to lie down, you might want to try the Cobra position. It involves lying on your belly then putting your arms on the floor and lifting yourself up to make your spine form an arch. This should be done for a maximum of thirty seconds to avoid strain.
2. This is known as the Super Cobra. Start with the Cobra position. You lift yourself up until you form an upside-down V then go down again. Think of this as a form of push-up.
3. Popularly referred to as the bridge, this routine is a bit more challenging and involves lying flat on your back then arching so your belly is up in the air thus making you form an upside-down U or a bridge shape.
4. If you want something that you can do anytime, try an easier routine known as the basic leg stretch. All you need to do is keep your legs straight while they are apart as you reach for your toes.
That covers the rundown for exercises performed lying down.
5. For those who prefer to stand, I have the bow down as our fifth exercise. You bow down and lean back in several repetitions as part of this simple exercise.
6. Sixth, we have the yawn which is similarly easy since you just take your hands and put them at the back of your neck as your head is bent forward and backwards.
7. Next is the touch toes position which is just reaching down to touch your toes while doing your best to make sure your knees are straight.
8. Eighth, we have the sky stretch which is just kneeling and doing some spine arching backward and forward.
9. For twisting, you can do the basic twist coming in ninth. Just raise your arms and twist the top half of your body while making sure the bottom half remains still.
10. Finally, as the tenth exercise, you can do the bar twist which can be done with the help of a broom. Hold the broom over your head while doing the same motions as the basic twist.
With more research on illustrations of these techniques you’ll master them in no time and may end up gaining a few inches of height.
Beyond Exercise: Other Tips
You must also pay attention to your diet. Proper diet is a very important part of your grow taller regime. Drink a lot of milk for calcium and get some sun for Vitamin D to ensure that calcium is absorbed into your body. Try to avoid vices like drinking and smoking since they can cause stress and that retards growth.
The same can be said about coffee which keeps you from getting the sleep you need to grow taller. Just follow these tips and avoid what may be harmful in this pursuit.