40 is the new 30! Most people are so particular with numbers that they don’t like the idea of getting old. But, you can make that person feel as young as 30 again by making the celebrant know that he/she is not over the bridge yet.
Just a tip: keep in mind that when you give a birthday gift to someone entering their forties, the present must be something that will speak of how you see the person. Choose gifts that define who they are and reflect their interests and life in general, just like the following:
- One great gift for someone who is turning 40 is a time capsule. You can now buy a time capsule from novelty gift shops which includes a 1970s trivia game, the popular and classic toy Slinky, mood ring, a booklet which includes fun facts in 1970s, nostalgic sweets, and a bag of marbles. These are things that will surely make the recipient reminisce about his childhood.
- You can also give personalized 40th birthday gift ideas like a birthday history plaque. The plaque is made up of a strong walnut wood which you can either mount on a wall or place in an easel. This plaque includes the recipient’s full name, birthday, zodiac sign birthstone, and other interesting facts on the day the recipient was born such as headline news, President and Vice President at that time, top songs, top movies, important sports results, and other famous personalities that were born on the same date and year.
- You can give a candy bouquet instead of the traditional box of chocolates for people who love sweets. It mostly includes chocolate bars but you can also find smaller gifts such as key chains, candles, and so on.
- T-shirts are also great birthday gifts for 40-year-olds because they can be wearable and fun at the same time. Choose shirts with fun statements like “40 Happens” or “Getting Better with Time”. Most of these shirts are free-sized but you still have to double check the size especially if the recipient is a little too heavy or too thin.
- For the drinkers, you can give a wine bottle or liquor set with a twist. For example, you can buy a liquor bottle with the “Old Geezer” label or an engraved beer boot with the words ‘Cheers to You!’. This gift will surely put a smile on the recipient’s face whenever he or she takes out the wine or beer.
- For moms, sisters, wives, or girlfriends, you can always give a coupon that she can use at their local spa or salon. This will make the special woman in your life feel even more special and loved. Women appreciate these kinds of gifts because these allow them to be pampered and to feel like a princess even if it’s for just one day.
These are some fun 40th birthday gift ideas that you can give to those special people in your life who have been living in this world for four decades now. Choose wisely!